New York moments
New York has given up a couple of classic moments lately. Last weekend, hubby and I went out for dinner at one of NYC's more popular spots. It was a people watching extravaganza, complete with freshly worked-on faces, outrageous heels, and some truly hilarious hairstyles. One particular hairdo was so wild that it distracted me from my dessert; it was a finger-in-an-electric-socket kind of look belonging to a craggy-featured man at the table next to us. I was in the process of making a remark about it to hubby when I realized that I had been about to slag the great Geoffrey Rush. You see celebrities every now and then in New York, but it's the first time in a long time I've been in near proximity to an Oscar winner (and a tremendous talent, I might add).
Then today, I was coming into the office through the revolving door when I just about walked right between the UN Secretary-General and a slew of cameras. I'm glad I spotted the problem in time to avoid being taken down by the Secret Service.

2 Comments:
Not fair! Whenever there's some decent-sized star (Nicole Kidman, Björk, Stellan Skarsgård) in the town I live, I'm always out of town. *sulks*
I think your problem is that there aren't too many big Scandinavian stars. I think you've listed the only two I can think of, besides Abba. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home