Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix

How I wish that Joaquin Phoenix would wake up and end his tiresome, unimaginative meta-prank. It's not clever. It's not ironic. It's not even creative. It's been done, and done better.

He may not care that his stock has plummeted. He may find it amusing that no one will ever be able to appreciate his extraordinary craft from now on, not even in the films he's already done. But he should at least recognize how distasteful and insulting his act really is. As somebody who walks past Bellevue mental hospital every day on my way home from work, I don't find his hoax the least bit amusing. To the extent that it's thought-provoking, it provokes this thought:

You're a douchebag.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding. I didn't make the connection when Ben Stiller did his
take-off at the Oscars.

Weird to say the least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home