It's done
After a very long 8 months of toil, THE SEVENTH KEY is done, weighing in at a relatively lean 123,000. As of Sunday night, it's polished up and sent off, sitting in my agent's inbox like a baby in a basket with a note pinned to its chest.
I was really happy with it last week. This week I'm having the inevitable doubts, but hopefully they won't last long. Last time I sent something to my agent, I was a wreck right up until he got back to me with a very comforting review. Hopefully I'll get over my jitters well before he gets around to reading it, because I can't bear the idea of being on pins and needles for the month(s?) it will take for the manuscript to work its way to the top of his reading pile.
In other news, I'm still waiting to hear about a possible trip to Darfur in the coming weeks. Dates are proving elusive, but we'll see how it shakes out.

2 Comments:
I was beginning to wonder about the blog-silence, but it seems to have had a good reason :)
Congratulations on finishing the toiling, and ...is going to Darfur good or bad?
(I was going to comment on your last G-B post by saying that some of the Transformers-in-camouflage-cars could have belonged to a football player paying a vist to the old country, but the only names I came up with were of players from "just-Guinea" Guinea.)
Hi Jesper,
It makes me uncomfortable to admit it, but I'm looking forward to Darfur. I don't want to dig too deeply on why that is, because I'm a bit worried I'll find some kind of disaster junkie identity hiding in there...
Post a Comment
<< Home