Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ye olde stomping grounds

So I was going to do a post about being back in Geneva for a couple of weeks, addressing the question of whether or not I'm getting any 'warm fuzzies' for my old stomping grounds.

Sure am not.

Geneva is still boring. So boring that I can't even write a post about it that isn't equally boring. Less than two weeks in Geneva, and we've already made sure to escape it for the weekend. We've even made a pact that if our jobs ever get moved back here, we'll live somewhere else and bloody commute.

I once told my agent that what got me started writing was being Jobless in Geneva. He was pretty sure I could make a book out of that, what with the great title. But you know what? The book would be boring too.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jesper Haglund said...

Any book set in Switzerland that hasn't been written by John le Carré or Ian Fleming would be boring (and On Her Majesty's Secret Service is far from the best of the Bond-novels).

Word verification of the day: "stsessen" - Yuan-ti curse meaning "Help, it's a faerie dragon!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home