Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The street prophet

Ever since I got back from Dakar, I've been enjoying the comforts of home. Pizza, wine, exercise, nice cool air, and the familiarity of my neighbourhood. It feels really good to settle back in.

I was thinking about that as we walked home tonight, having one of those "Gee, I'm glad I live here" moments. In the middle of this reverie, we passed an old man sitting on a curb, and for some reason I made eye contact with the guy (which I usually make a point of NOT doing with old men sitting on curbs).

He looked up and me and said, out of the blue, "Great to be back in New York, ain't it?"

True dat.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Harley said...

Wow.

Double true.

//H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home