Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Et encore...

Bizarre as it seems, I am once again going back to Chad. I fly out this evening. This is all very last minute -- I found out on Thursday -- and much as I like traveling for work, I must say I'm not that keen on the timing. I'm not very healthy at the moment, and I feel like I just got off the damn plane. Plus I'm trying to tie up a writing project right now, and I'm already considerably behind schedule.

Oh, and double-plus, I have to back to the east (Abeche), and that's really not super safe at the moment. (Not sure why folks think it's a good idea to schedule a workshop in a war zone, but whatever.) It's also not super comfortable, so I'm back to packing my own sleeping bag liner, mosquito net, camping towel, flashlight... and bug spray. Did I mention it's the rainy season?

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home