Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The beautiful Balkans

Who knew? Actually, I did -- I've heard plenty of stories about how beautiful the Balkans are. Anybody who has been to Greece or Turkey can guess the general lay of the land: blue sea, ancient buildings, crisp coastlines of jutting rocks and plunging cliffs. Montenegro is a little different in that it is much greener than its neighbours. The hillsides look more Irish than they do Mediterranean.

Of course, the other big difference is the legacy of communism. But this topic is too heavy for me right now. I'd rather save it for a subsequent entry. Right now, I'll let the photos do the talking. (Four of them are in Croatia, actually, but more details later.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home