Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekly WTF

I think a weekly WTF could be a good tradition, and what better way to kick it off than with this little gem?

Look out, parents! Coming your way this summer, action figures based on the Bible!

Appparently the idea is to give kids something to play with that carries a "moral message". It seems pretty clear to me that these people have no idea how kids actually play. The fact that kids in our neighbourhood -- myself included -- used to turn Ziploc bags full of snow into pretend drugs (I know, I know -- blame Beverly Hills Cop), should be proof positive that the toy itself does not dictate how kids play with it. So unless you're raising Rod and Todd, giving your kid a muscle-bound Goliath doll isn't going to lead to "moral play". It's going to lead to the Jesus doll getting his ass kicked, and no one wants to see that.

WTF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home