Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holy Crapometer, Batman!

Have you ever wanted to know how to write a hook for your work? Well, study up! Miss Snark presents the Happy Hook Crapometer 2006. As though literary agents don’t have enough to do, Miss Snark will be posting and commenting on 700 novel hooks over the next few weeks. Snarklings who subjected themselves to her withering scrutiny will read in no uncertain terms whether, and why, their hook will work – or not.

Needless to say, I’ll be in there somewhere. Gold star to anyone who spots it when it comes around.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kameron said...

I've been browsing through those the last couple days. Did you get a request for pages?

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger E said...

It hasn't come up yet, and probably won't for at least a week. But I doubt I will be asked -- I've already spotted at least three things I'd like to change. Unfortunately, I only found out about the thing the day before (why does that always happen to me???) so I'm afraid I didn't really have time to hone the thing.

But it certainly wasn't a wasted exercise! I'm learning a lot just reading the responses...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home