Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Vacation photos

We returned from our latest jaunt to SA yesterday, to some terrible weather. My tan will surely not survive long.

I will post some highlights later on, but right now my brain is lagging somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. In the interim, some photos will have to suffice. We'll start with Mozambique.

Vacation photos are another great feature of the blog. For one thing, I can post them without clogging anyone's inbox. Plus, you can look at them (or not) on your own terms. You can yawn, roll your eyes, pick your nose, or whatever it is you REALLY want to be doing when people inflict their vacation photos on you.

Enjoy. (Or pick your nose. It's up to you.)

Benguerra Lodge. I can't say enough about this place.


Don enjoys his lunch.


Dinner being set up on the beach.


Me, sitting at the shipwreck bar, my hands unaccountably free of wine.



This Mozambiquan boy helped me find shells on the beach. Poor kid's pants fit so badly he had to hold them up to keep them from falling off.

3 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a rock on your finger...

I always knew you'd make it big. ;)

(Douglas, the piano player, from Western)

dtrueman@shaw.ca

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger E said...

o_O

Wow! I'm... speechless, really. Doug, how are you? It's been, what -- ten years?

How in the world did you find my blog? Man, the internet is cool...

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ten years, at least. :)

Dudette (my terrible version of dude), email me. (dtrueman@shaw.ca). It took me forever to find the reply to my post. Email is much better.

I found your blog via Google. I was looking up some old friends via Google and always had a crush on you so I thought I'd see if I could track you down.

Maybe I should have asked you out that day you and I were challenging each other to define a word's definition on the blackboard in the law classroom back at Western. You and I have turned out to be so similar it's rather scary. I spent last year in London (England) doing a Master's Degree in Creative Writing. I've finished one novel (fantasy, unpublished, 155,000 words) and am on a second that I need to finish for my "thesis." Oddly enough, it's about life in high school. ;)

I know your pain about writing, rewriting, editing, looking for a publisher, etc. I can't quite tell exactly what you got published. I'd love to read The Skeleton Key, though. (I have a fresh sheaf of paper right here by my printer).

It's interesting to read your thoughts on Star Trek and Star Wars and Data and the like because I share most of them. But I guess back then I didn't have my head screwed on very well (if at all).

How's your brother? Whatever happened to Paul Marlett? How's life in New York?

Once again, that address is dtrueman@shaw.ca

Keep in touch. ;)

Doug

 

Post a Comment

<< Home