Back in the saddle
I've been a bit silent on the blog front lately, mainly because of the holidays, but also because I don't trust myself not to post something I'll regret later. Work has been incredibly frustrating, and there are other issues I'd love to talk about but can't.
The good news is I've been able to channel some of that frustration into writing, which I've taken up again with gusto. I'm now coming along nicely with a project I'm excited about, which is always a good feeling. I'm currently on the last scene before the first death (it's a sort of whodunnit), and that's the point of the narrative that marks the transition from the slow and steady upward climb of the rollercoaster to the point where it begins to rocket forth.
Maybe it's just because I haven't written anything in a while, but I'm really pleased with the results so far. I'm currently riding the "damn, I'm good," high, which is always temporary (quickly giving way to "hmm... is this cheesy?"), but nice while it lasts. Here's hoping I can keep up the momentum.

2 Comments:
Welcome back. Was starting to get worried about ya. Glad to hear your writing again and it's going well.
Thanks, Kameron. Did I mention I finally snagged an agent? *does happy little dance*
I tell you, that does WONDERS for the motivation...
Post a Comment
<< Home