Straining to Hear

A room with a New York view, from Soho to the United Nations and everything in between.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where the hell is Goma?!

I'm getting this question a lot, understandably, so here's a brief rundown. The DRC, formerly Zaire (if that helps) is here:













Zooming in, you will find Goma on the right-hand side, slightly more than halfway up, right beside Rwanda (marked simply as RW on this map):





















Since the DRC is the size of Western Europe, even this image isn't much help. So later on, once we're all more familiar with the place (I'm hoping to blog often), I'll zoom in further on the province of North Kivu, of which Goma is the capital.

Suitcases are packed. Med kit is full to brimming. Fingers are crossed.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we are May 3rd and still no posting. We await news but will assume no news is good news.

Love as always

 

Post a Comment

<< Home